Thursday, February 19, 2009

A Wedding New York Style!

;
Ahhhhh……I finally found the SanDisk for my camera that I’ve been looking for. It’s been lost since last year! I can’t even tell you where it was all this time!!!.......I’m just very, very happy that I found it!!! The disk has over 500 pictures on it, so many treasured memories that I captured from my family reunion, my friend’s wedding, a couple of baby showers, a bridal shower, a college graduation and so many other cherished memories. I thought it was lost forever and had really given up on finding it after months of agonizing over loosing it. One lesson that I’ve learned….don’t leave photos hanging out on a disk. Have them developed as soon as you can!
kg
I thought I’d share as inspiration, theses beautiful photos from one of my dearest friends fabulous New York wedding. The wedding took place on Long Island in a small town called Mattituck. We flew in a few days early for a little R&R and to attend the rehearsal dinner which was held at the oh so beautiful and oh so Italian, “Touch of Venice” restaurant on the North Fork right on the water! Our hotel was in Riverhead which was just a short drive away from the restaurant.s
df

The beautiful Bridesmaids with these stunning bouquets in bright orange! They look really nice with the ivory trimmed brown dresses.

Her adorable nephew trying to get out of his tux!

The intricate beading on her gown is really beautiful!

The happy couple!…Off they go, to the reception at Giorgio’s Fox Hill Golf & Country Club in Baiting Hollow! The club was selected “The Knot’s”, 2007 best of weddings pick!
s

We stayed an extra day after the wedding and went out to Greenport for lunch at the famed Claudio’s restaurant, which is a boat ride away from the Hampton’s. It was such a beautiful drive out there too! We passed a lot of wineries and farms that had everything from fresh fruit and flowers to fresh veggies for sale. The area is so beautiful, quiet and romantic, totally different than the hustle and bustle of the great New York City! After lunch we walked around Greenport with its quaint shops on both sides of the street! We stopped by a candy shop that must of had every kind of candy from way back in the day, to salt water taffy! I of course, couldn't resist the salt water taffy and a hand full of mary janes! It was a well spent 4 day weekend!

Photo Credits: Me!

Our Lovely Readers!

Boring CL Copyright Info©

All personal images and words copyrighted 2008–2009 by Me, Mary Chatman or labeled "The CL Elf" unless otherwise credited. You're very welcome to link to this blog. Please don't take any of my designs, artwork, or photos for commercial use. Verify with all other vendors for express written permission policies. Do feel free to copy other images from all other image sources.